Saturday, November 15, 2008

Doing well

I have learned a lot of things in the last couple of days. Sitting around with nothing to do but observe and think leads to confusion and clarity. Here are some of my clearer moments.

I have learned that losing a baby and having a miscarriage are two different things. Two years ago when I "had a miscarriage", I really only lost the babies and had a DNC. This year I lost the baby and than had the miscarriage. Which, was one of the hardest things I've ever done, physically and emotionally. Would I opt for that over the DNC again, absolutely. Thank you for all your prayers concerning that specifically. It was all over in an hour and it looks like I won't have to have the DNC. Thanks be to God!

I have held firmly to the promise that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, and when life is in perspective, it is what makes you smile in the chaos. I've learned that sometimes parenting is inconvenient. When mom and dad are physically sick, emotionally drained, and stressed to the max parenting is harder. But I have also learned that when they can't have quantity time with us, the quality they do get matters a lot. They've gotten more hugs, kisses, and conversation in this season than they had in a long time. I plan on keeping that up.

I have learned that Garrett is gifted with the ability to sense emotion. He knows how someone is feeling just by the energy they are giving off, and this week he used it for good. Here's his story. On Wednesday I called for hug time. It was out of no where, for no reason. Each kid came over to give me a hug. With his arms tightly around my neck, he said, "Mom, I'm sorry the baby died." The kid hit it right on the head - he feels the emotion - he's amazing.
I have been reminded that I'm the type of person who needs to talk about things to help me cope and get over them. The more I talk, the better I feel, because the truth that I know in my head makes it way to my heart, and starts healing.
I have been reminded that I need my husband in my cord of three. We are stronger together. He was there to hold me, cry with me, sit with me, tell me to sit down, and listen to me ramble (Bless him!). He dropped everything to be the mom, dad, husband, driver, cook, housekeeper, butler, etc. Thanks babe. I will always love you.
Here's my amazing kid looking for the bowling ball to come out, don't worry it didn't hit him in the head!

My beautiful girls. The other day Olivia said to Esther, "Esther, would you please take this to the kitchen for me honey?" To which Esther said, "Sure." I turned to Josh and said, "Olivia is turning Esther into what I turned Olivia into, the little helper." I hope she keeps it up - two little helpers are better than one!

That would be lasagna all over that cute face. He loves to eat, but only by himself. Forget the fork and spoon, he shovels it in with his hands!


5 comments:

Jessa said...

Jess, I'm so sorry over the loss of your little one. I'm inspired by, and thankful for, how you are trusting God's providence in this difficult time. Your family is in our prayers.

Unknown said...

You're a wiser woman every day. Thanks for sharing your journey this week.

Shoemaker Family said...

I so agree with Erin. Your wisdom and strength are truly insipiring. It sure appears you are digging deeper in your relationship with Christ during these times. Again, truly inspiring, Jess.

Karmen said...

((HUGS)) and continued prayers to you. How sweet the children are! How blessed you are! We love you.

jess e. said...

so sorry to hear about your loss, but glad you are finding peace and joy in the midst of it.