Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fire Night

I have to say, I miss our open fire pit from Michigan.  I miss being able to legally have an open fire in your yard.  I miss our nights under the stars, telling stories, burning whatever is in the yard, smores, and snuggling.  At my parents, we can have these night - with our covered fire pit.  It's not the same, but it does the trick.  Because, really, it's all about the family time anyway.

Now you know why I used italics to describe our fire pit.  
My husband likes a big fire - so there's really no keeping it in!

Garrett likes to burn his marshmallows and eat them still lit. 
 Just kidding - he was actually blowing this one out!

Esther with a mouth full of marshmallows and P-pop's glove.

Gideon eating out of the smashed bag of marshmallows (courtesy of Garrett).

Daddy and daughter moment.

1 comment:

The Hulfish Family said...

it doesn't matter how you spend your time as long as you are spending it together :)