Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pretend the date says Dec. 17th

Our December was crazy!  We had two birthday celebrations, at least 5 Christmas celebrations, and lots of fun with friends and family.  In all the craziness, I have failed miserably on blogging life.  So here's the first of many, that will hopefully catch everyone up.

Dec. 17 marked Olivia's 8th birthday.  Olivia wait so patiently for daddy to get home from a long day at work before she got to open her presents.  As I frosted her cake, she came over to me and said, "Mom?  Maybe when I'm a mom and I have an 8 year old I will put an 8 on her cake with frosting."

Well, that hint couldn't have been any bigger, she wanted an 8 on her cake.  Too bad I had already frosted the whole thing in chocolate frosting, and didn't have any other kind in the house.  So, I got creative.  I made a template of an 8 out of a cereal box and filled in the 8 with sprinkles.  She was really happy with the result and I was happy to not destroy my daughter's 8th birthday by not having an 8 on her cake.




Happy birthday to you Olivia Joy.  More blogs to come on what she's been up to and what a  beautiful girl she is becoming.

1 comment:

The Three Moons: said...

I LOVE how subtle she was ;)