Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Many Hands, Many Feet.


I recently posted this picture on Facebook, with the caption, 
"Many hands.  Full hearts.  We are blessed."

I do not deny the sentiment of that.  We ARE SO blessed with our children.  But do you know what all those hands also have?

Wait for it. . .



Two feet!

This is the collection from 2 days of shoes from my beautiful cherubs.  They can usually be found, under the kitchen table, inside the back door, mismatched all over the living room and periodically in their rightful home, a shoe bin in the kids' room.

What other things go with all these shoes?  

Do you know?  Can you guess?



That's right, SOCKS!

 This is the sock collection after one week of laundry is done.  I ask you, how is one woman suppose to keep up with all these socks?  I am convinced the washing machine, couch, and beds eat socks.  How can I compete with that?



This is a picture of the same group of socks from above, laid out and matched up for putting away.  MANY are missing their match.  Some, I'm sure, are tucked away in the clothes drawers waiting for their partner.  Other's have succumbed to the life of singleness.

It is flip flop weather yet?

5 comments:

The Zimbleman House~ said...

Jess as i was reading this blog i was thinking... she is a lucky lady to have all those kiddies but even luckier that her kids LOVE flip flops!

Post Family said...

That is a LOT of socks! I shall not complain anymore about doing laundry for just 3 people! lol

PS- LOVE the 31 Bags in the pictures!!

Anna said...

Haha! Im pretty sure me and Ange have some of those mismatched socks at our houses!;) You are a strong woman and blessed!! xo

Unknown said...

I hear you. Oh how I hate matching socks... and I only have half what you have. Just another reason to LOVE summer.

Linda said...

Count your blessings, those days will end.