Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Math Class

There are times when I wonder what craziness got into us and made us choose homeschooling for our family.  There are days when I am one phone call away from enrolling them in school.  There many, many times when I beat myself up because I feel that I am failing them as their educator.  Are they learning what they need to be learning to keep up with their peers?  Are they learning as quickly as their peers?  There are MANY days like this.  

This morning is different.  This morning is a wonderful reminder of the benefits of homeschooling.  As I sat, drinking my coffee, Gideon ran over to me with a hand full of toys and said, "Mom, watch!"  He then took two of the toys in his hand and began counting, "2, 4, 6!  I can count by twos!!"  A smile is plastered to my face and I don't think it can get any bigger, until I look just beyond Gideon to find Garrett grinning from ear to ear.  When I catch his eye he says, "I taught him to count by twos."  I'm not sure who was the proudest of the three of us. . .


Math Class
Today's Lesson - Counting by 2's.
Dress code - Shirtless.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! Great job Gideon and Garrett!
Brooke :)

Julia Brunet said...

Jess, I needed to read this today. Because most of the time I wonder why I am homeschooling. I think, "God, is this REALLY want you envision for my children's education?" But His ways are not my ways, and His thoughts are not my thoughts. Wish I could homeschool near you, friend.