Monday, January 15, 2007

The New Year

The Crisp Family, livin', learnin', laugin' and lovin' in the year 2007!!





I know I'm a little late to post about new years resolutions, but life is a little busy. I'm not the type of person that makes resolutions every year, I don't even consider the new year a "fresh start". I've always just looked at it as a new year -6 months of putting the wrong year on my checks! However, this year is different. Josh and I have been saying since the miscarriage that the only good thing to come out of 2006 was Esther, the rest we'd like to forget. I know that's negative, but sometimes that how you feel. We've learned a lot about ministry, church politics(YUCK), friends, and those we thought were our friends, hurt, spiritual truths, promises fulfilled, some more hurt, true worship (especially when you don't feel like it), and the list goes on. As much as I'd like to forget 2006, I can't. And that's OK with me now. I know the lessons are God's way of getting us where He wants us. I know that no hurt will not be in vain, HE WILL USE IT FOR GOOD! I know I sound "christian" - and am using trite ideas - but they are the truth. And without these truths, God's faithfulness to bring about good, and the encouragement that comes from His word, I don't know where we'd be. I read a good quote the other day, "Hard wind and raging seas don't always mean your on the wrong path, it means you're right on target." We don't have all the answers to the questions we've asked God. We may never know why we went through such a hard time when we were transitioning churches. We may never know why our new young youth pastor and wife had and are having to go through such a terrible accident, and why their son was taken to heaven on that day.

So, I haven't made a resolution, I feel like God gave me some resolve about the next year. It's not going to be as tough. There is light at the end of this tunnel - and it's coming in the year 2007 - Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Elijah wants to know who took the picture if everyone is in the picture.

We decided to make a new New Year's meal tradition since none of us likes black eyes peas and cabbage. Sorry Grandma. We're going to have chocolate every New Year's Day. Eric tried to convince me that I couldn't just make up a new tradition. There had to be meaning behind the chocolate, so I made up meaning and the kids agreed with me. Chocolate is sweet and we all enjoy it together and we want to remember to enjoy our sweet life together every day this year. :) I hope you all have a much better 2007. We love you.

Karmen said...

Great to hear about your 2007 resolve! :) We miss you!