Saturday, February 17, 2007

Animal lovers unite!





Well, I did get in some serious trouble for my dog Vs. no dog debate - especially b/c the nos out numbered the yeses. Not that it would have had any bearing on our decision. The official compromise right now is that we are NOT getting a mastiff - that was 75% why I was fighting getting a dog. He IS looking at smaller breeds right now and I am not fighting that as hard. Thanks for all your input - it made me laugh! P.S. - J and Josh Maxwell, you can stop having a blog war on our site now!

On a happier note, Esther is our animal lover. I never realized how much our other kids where indifferent to animals until Es started to show serious interest. She loves chasing the cats around and petting them. She hasn't seen a dog she didn't like, she'll go right up to them and let them lick her, sniff her, etc, with no flinching or fear. We were in Mejier the other day and went past the pet section to look at the rodents (not really pets in my book), birds, and fish. When I turned to leave she got so upset and started throwing herself back into the cart and crying hysterically! And, while Josh was watching the dog show, she looked up and saw the dogs on the screen and ran up to the TV and started clapping and laughing. She is such a joy to have around, as much as I think she's a mommy's girl, when daddy's around she'll run up to him over me. It's really, really cute, and melts my heart. So here's a picture dedication to our animal lover (the one I would probably cave to when it comes to getting a dog) and all around beautiful Esther "Bean"!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big and such a cutie. We miss you guys so much, hopefully we can make a trip up north so see you guys and Scott sometime soon. Love you guys talk to you soon.

Karmen said...

She is such a CUTIE PATOOTIE!!!!