Saturday, February 24, 2007

Personality Plus!

It's amazing to me, the difference between girls and boys. What's even more amazing, is how God gives everyone a unique and different personality. Sometimes I forget this simple reality in my every day life, b/c my reality is so busy with three kids under 4. However, yesterday I was reminded that my kids are different, VERY different. I sat Olivia and Garrett down with paint, which doesn't happen very often b/c it normally takes me longer to set up the area than the time they spend painting. Anyway, I gave them exactly the same set-up, a paper bag under their "canvas" to protect my table, each color of paint on a cut-out piece of bag for their pallet, and the paint brushes. Well, the out come was soo different is scary. If you've spent any time with my kids you know that Garrett is all boy and Olivia is your typical first born girl. For those of you who haven't spent that much time with them, see if you can learn a little bit about them by their finished products and their work space. I am so thankful for my children for teaching me lessons every day about how to be a better mom and person. I wouldn't trade my life, even as chaotic and crazy it is. I never want to resent my spot in life and know that raising/teaching these blessings is the best job anyone could hope to succeed in.





I wanted to add this picture of Josh with O and G, b/c it's so funny, shows a little personality doesn't it?

3 comments:

Eric said...

I don't think I could have kept a workspace as clean as Olivia did! You go girl!!! Tell those artists we love them!!

Karmen said...

What great pictures!!! And look at that personality ... of Josh ... in the last picture! Goodness, some people NEVER change! ha!

Call us/email us re: spring break for Morgan and Jordi. They are getting so excited to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Olivia is going to be just like you Jess-very organized and detailed; Garrett, on the other hand, will be just like his Dad-he'll get it done but not in the neatest way possible! Ha! Miss you guys!!

Karen