Thursday, March 01, 2007

Vacation?





This week we have been "vacationing" in New Jersey with my family. We planned this vacation for this week, so that we could meet Avery. When we were out in January Josh asked my parents to wait for him to knock out some walls in the livingroom. This has been a dream of my moms for three years now. And now that everyone's finally out of the house, they can get rid of the bedroom and make a great room. We're all really excited. Josh was really excited to get to do some demolition, but it's been a lot of work. I'm really impressed with his drive to see it through and his leadership in the project. He said last night that he didn't know why everyone was asking him what's next, and what the plan was. . .I told him it's be/c he's the driving force and the work horse. Yesterday my dad had to yell at him to sit down! This is just a proud moment for me, my husband doesn't have a hands on, crafty job, so seeing him be so GREAT at home improvement and really enjoy doing it is so great for me. By the end of the day he's really tired and after three straight days of working from 9-7, he was really beat last night. I thought for sure, that he would wake up this morning not wanting to go again. He proved me wrong, he was feeling good, and started strong out of the gate! You think you know someone! It's so great that I continue to learn new things about Josh, just a new aspect of him I love. He is a hard worker and truely gifted with his hands, he must get that from Pa Crisp.

I may have to drive the whole way back to Michigan, but it's worth it. To see my husband find a new area of his life that he is sucessful in, to see the sons-in-laws all working together, really well, and to see my mom and dad get the living area they've always wanted.

No comments: