Tuesday, March 27, 2007

We are the flu!

"We are the Flu" is a quote from a loving member of our church that does a pastor prayer sheet ever week. He was letting everyone know that we needed some serious healing in our house, and to stay away!! Garrett stopped the fever last Wednesday. which is a praise. However, Olivia started the fever on Thursday and ran it until Sunday. And lucky, lucky me, Josh started the fever on Friday! Josh had an added symptom that the others didn't have, a really sore throat. On Sunday he visited the "Not-so-urgent-care" clinic (he waited for 1 hour before he was taken back to see a doctor) and was given antibiotics for this throat. The strep test was negative - but the doctor was not convinced b/c of how bad his throat looked. And I quote, "That is the ugliest throat I've ever seen". Yesterday he seemed to be the worst, I think a combination of feeling bad and REALLY being tired of being sick. Today he is A LOT better! Thank you Jesus! I had been feeling a bit lonely and was getting tired of being a single mom. I missed my Josh! So, I'm the only one who hasn't had it - and hopefully I won't get it. You know moms aren't allowed to be sick!

The picture is just for fun. It's not a very fun post without something to look at right?? And Garrett has some of the best facial expressions! I think he's part monkey. This is his new helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all to feel better soon! Garrett is such a cutie-he's ready to roll!!

You all are in my thoughts and prayers daily!

Love and miss you all,
Karen

Shoemaker Family said...

You guys feeling any better yet? You've been on our minds a lot this week.

Kristina said...

this has nothing to do with your post... i hear you like settlers of catan... do i see a challenge in the future? See you tomorrow at church!

Kristina Coffey