Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Parenting 101




I am NOT an expert at parenting and it seems like everyday they are teaching me things. Like, how to use my imagination, that bugs are interesting not icky, and that anything tastes good with Katsup on it. Most of all they teach me to use more discretion, use kind words, and never miss the teachable moment, even if it means teaching me something in the process. Garrett reminded me this week how much he wants to do whatever he can to please. I alluded in the last post that he wanted to be like Josh that day - well it seems to be a trend thats starting. Daddy can do no wrong, and Garrett doesn't want to do anything to dissappoint him. He always wants to "jam" with him, Josh on guitar, Garrett on drums or mandolin. He wants to wrestle, kick the ball, throw the ball, jump as high, and be as fast as daddy. It's really the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. It reminds me what a STRONG influence we have and for the short time that we have it. Take the time to "jam", wrestle, color, play games, and just talk with your kids, b/c before you know it, dad and mom will be the last people they want to be like.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Garrett is looking really old to me. Yes, we do need to get together before summer. Tell Olivia and Garrett thanks for the birthday phone call too. How does the weekend of June 1st-3rd look for you all? We're going to be in IN that weekend- or we could come up to MI after the weekend... email me.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you guys!! The kids are getting so big! I'll keep praying that you'll find a buyer for your house.

Maybe we can get together sometime this summer. Take care.

Karen R

indyhumes said...

Your children are absolutely adorable!! How are you guys doing?