Tuesday, May 08, 2007

May 8th

I know, I know, two posts in two days, what's come over me?? Actually, today was very reflective for me. Just wanted to share my thoughts from my journal this afternoon.

Today was my due date for the 4th pregnancy - twins. I know I probably wouldn't have made it this far - but it's still a tough day. I wondered this morning, what would I be doing right now if I hadn't lost them? Would they be home with us? Would I be going to the hospital to see them, instead of driving to Meijer? Who, besides Josh, would be here to help me? What would they be like? Healthy, but small? Sick, but getting stronger? Permanently sick, and learning to take care of them? I know I'll never know the answers and that's OK. I guess I just wonder, you know? We got the invitation for the Memorial service for all the still-born babies from the hospital where I had the surgery. I just think it's a little ironic. I know I'm not suppose to forget - and as much as I'd like to say that life is back to normal - normal is never going to be the same.

2 comments:

The Maxwell House said...

i dont think your ever suppost to forget. they were a part of you and you were a part of them. yes life would be very different having two new ones around, but know that they have peace and love with them always. never forget them, but also remember there is joy in a new life! take comfort in that. i love you and i can't wait to see you guys!

Karmen said...

((HUGS))