Sunday, March 16, 2008

Garrett turns 4

I can hardly believe that my "biggie" is now 4 years old. You brings such laughter and smiles to our faces. You are a good reminder of what not to say - because even when I think you're not listening, you are, and will eventually repeat it. You're good for a tough wrestling match where anything goes - your favorite tackle move right now is to hang off of daddy's neck with anything you can. It's a little painful for Daddy, but hilarious to watch. You are always good for a random, "I love you mom." You are learning the skill of self-control, when what you really want to do is rage. You are such a detail guy, that a coloring page takes you forever because you take such care to color everything in perfectly. And after five minutes of that, you turn the page because you can't stay on any one task too long. You loves having Gideon to sleep with in your room. You love playing with Olivia. And you love to antagonize Esther. I love you buddy - you will always be my "biggie." Here's looking back over the last 4 years.

Garrett, one day old, coming home from the birthing center.

Garrett (with the bib) and cousin Micah - one year old.

Garrett - 2 1/2 years old.

Garrett on his 3rd birthday last year. He ended up getting really sick the night of his birthday. That's the reason for the stoned look on his face.


Garrett, too cool for a portrait this year. You get the message.

4 comments:

J. Entwistle said...

Happy Birthday bud, i'll be talkin to you later.

The Hulfish Family said...

Happy Birthday Dude. I love you and I can't believe you are 4 already. I feel like your mom was just pacing around the floor trying to get you to come out. You still like to do things your way, your time!
I love you

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Happy (Late) Birthday Garrett from your cousins in NJ!!!