Saturday, March 15, 2008

Litttle Miss Helpful

The kids are really into the new show on Cartoon Network called "The Mr. Men Show." All the characters names are adjectives describing their mood and/or personality. I remember reading books with some of the characters when I was a kid, like Mr. Happy, Mr. Grumpy and Little Miss Chatterbox. Olivia likes to call herself Miss Chatterbox, which she is. However, lately she's been Little Miss Helpful, often and without being asked. I was in the middle of dressing Gideon this morning and was detained momentarily (probably by the two year old needing to potty) and when I returned Olivia was halfway through dressing him - all by herself.

Olivia doing a job not may kids would want to do - holding the poop bag for daddy while he picked up the mine field of poop we found in our backyard when the snow melted.

Olivia and Esther "Spider swinging" in the back yard this morning. Olivia got her up there all by herself and spun her around for a long time, so sweet. It makes me so happy to see the girls getting along so well. The kids have all been getting along well lately. The two who fight the most, Garrett and Esther were walking hand in hand in the church parking lot the other day - a sight to behold. I pray my children will live in peace with each other as they grow and appreciate and value their God- given differences.

8 comments:

Kristina said...

I love that picture of the girls swinging together. Its so precious with they way they are looking at each other!

Eric said...

So sweet. Interesting that Garrett and Esther fight most because it's Micah and Isaiah for us. Must be a 2nd and 3rd thing. We need a 4th. :)

The Hulfish Family said...

All I could say the whole time I was reading it was "Oh my gosh". She is too much, and so cute. I can't believe she had Gideon dressed all by herself, and swinging with Bean. . .it makes my heart happy. We can't wait to see you guys. And ask Olivia if she will dress Avery for my because maybe Avery would lay still for her:)

Jenn said...

What a GREAT big sister!!! Were we ever that great?!?!

J. Entwistle said...

That pic of bean and liv is so stinking cute. It's crazy to see how liv is growing up so fast. miss you guys

burtnbrdr11 said...

That bottom picture of the girls swinging is totally frame worthy. It's beautiful. Hope everyone is doing well.

The Maxwell House said...

oh man i love your kids so much! i can't wait to hang out with them all week. i'm sure seeing liv and bean made you think of you and ange!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of the girls swinging too! It is so precious! You caught that Kodak moment perfectly!

Katie