Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm dreaming of a simple Christmas

Merry Christmas from the Crisps!
This year I'm doing it all simple and not sending Christmas cards. I'm not the type of person who can send only cards, I'd have to spend the money and do a picture card, and that's just not going to happen. Instead, all my amazing blog followers have received a lovely collage that took me no time at all to make. This Christmas I encourage you to take it easy. Don't do everything you think you HAVE to do, you DON'T! Don't let the unrealistic expectations you (or others) have put on you ruin what is the most wonderful time of the year. I dare you to stay home this Saturday and watch the lights on your tree. Read a couple good Christmas stories, starting with the one in Luke. Dance around the living room with your kids and maybe even take in a slow dance with your hubby :). Bake cookies with your kids, with no expectation on how they might turn out (you know, don't be a control freak). Sing 'til your throat hurts, laugh 'til you gut hurts, smile 'til you face hurts and hug 'til your arms hurt. I DARE YOU!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up the kids are! Such cuties! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and I miss you all!

Shoemaker Family said...

Thanks for the dare...I think I'll accept! I was just getting overwhelmed this morning thinking about all the stuff to get done before this weekend...but now maybe I'll do less!

Merry Christmas to you guys!

Jodi said...

Love the 'Christmas card'! You should totally enlarge and frame that, and then put it up as one of your Christmas decorations each year! :)

Unknown said...

Amen..and Amen!! I think your collage of pictures are precious...and we accept the dare..because like you, we have greatly simplified Christmas..and we are feeling so stress-less this year..truly focusing on what's important..our Saviour's birth..and the awesome family we are a part of..you all included!! We love you...and MERRY CHRISTMAS from us to you!!

Karen said...

Merry Christmas Crisp family! It's great to read your updates! Happy 2009!

Karmen said...

What a great dare ...... I'm trying to do just that this Christmas ... keep it simple!!!

Love love love the pictures of the kids !!!