Monday, May 04, 2009

Joining the "Not Me" club!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

In an effort to keep my humor fresh and laugh at myself during this transition time in life, I am joining the "Not me!" Monday. I hope you enjoy these things that I would never, ever (not in a million years) do...EVER!

On Saturday, I did not keep my pajama pants on all day, put a sports bra on with a blue, "V" neck maternity shirt, which showed my purple sports bra (did I forget to mention that it was purple?) and walk around the neighborhood all day watching my kids.

On this same day in question, I did not run out of the house like a lunatic, screaming and yelling at my five year old son b/c he wiped out off his bike in the road. And I would never yell at him b/c he disobeyed me, but only b/c I was so worried if he got hurt or not. I would never think that he got what he deserved for disobeying! Not me, I'm way more compassionate than that.

And to make it a solid, three strikes and your out kinda day, that evening, I did NOT run down an entire street block (in my awesome, stay-at-home-mom outfit) screaming and yelling for Mr. Softee, the local ice cream truck, to stop so my kids and niece could have an ice cream cone for a snack.

I'm way above doing any of those things...it was "Not Me..."


3 comments:

The Hulfish Family said...

LOVE IT!!! Just for the record I did not think anything about your outfit on Saturday :)

Julie said...

Jess,
I loved it. That was great and I needed that laugh as well. =) So I went over to the Mckmama website to see what this was more about and I loved it. Maybe I will have to start this. We all know that I have defiantly one that will make ppl laugh about the stupid things I have done. lol. But anyways, hope things are going well.

erin crisp said...

Great times. I'm pretty sure I've seen the purple sports bra in question. That prior knowledge makes the picture that much more special.