Monday, May 11, 2009

not me again




This Monday has been extremely productive! For the first time in my married life I hung my laundry on the line outside (5 loads)! Garrett and I had some good mother/son time while he moved the line for me, and took down some dry clothes. The clothes are at this moment, folded and put away! I also got the van COMPLETELY clean. I mean, scrubbed the grime off the arm rest, vacuum the snot out of the carpet, take the car seat covers off the seats and washed them, smells like a new car, CLEAN!


In the spirit of some of those things, here's my "NOT ME" list.


I did not enjoy hanging the laundry out on the line. I did not hum a little tune, say a couple prayers, or utterly enjoy the quiet breeze whispering around me.


I did not let my 3 year old "help" me clean the van. I did not let her have unlimited access to the environmentally safe armor all and window cleaner to spray and 'clean' where ever she wanted. This control freak mother would never let a child "help" clean and not go back over to do it the "right" way! NOT ME! (I'm not sure how that reads, but really didn't go back over and re-clean her spots!)


I did not leave my 18 month old son unattended on multiple occasions this week while he successfully emptied food items. I did not have to clean up,

Cheerios (I did not make my mom clean these up!)

Tea bags, some of which he opened and was ready to brew up!



Or Cocoa Puffs. At least this time he was trying to get them in a bowl.

I did not find any of these things funny, cute, or bloggable. NOT ME!
I did not put off my blood work for this pregnancy AGAIN, just because I don't want to go. I would never ignore doctors orders, I'm always such a compliant patient.
I did not go 5 for 5 in guessing the sex of our children, before we had them or the ultrasound. I did not tell my husband last Monday, that I thought this baby was a girl. I did not listen to him tell me how he prayed that, although he knew the sex was already determined, he would really like another son. I did not gloat about being 5 for 5 to anyone, what kind of person would do that?? I am not kinda excited that I have a pattern going with my kids. Patterns aren't my thing...Not me!
And, on a sad note...I did not forget that my wonderful husband had planned a date for us this past Saturday. I did not start cooking dinner so we couldn't go out...I would never forget a date, we go on them SOOOOO often!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

How do you have time to clean the car with so many children? I have only 2 and can't seem to find the time! Love the Cocoa Puff picture!

Jess said...

Jenny - right now we are living with my parents, so they were home today to help watch the kids. But mostly I had the younger two helping and roaming around the van while I cleaned it. My kids love to play in the van! My oldest is sick and laid up on the couch and my 5 year old son was riding his bike and then was at school.

Unknown said...

John and Linda told us about the "girl" results. I also noticed the pattern you all have going. Nice work!

dawn wilson said...

I didn't even realize that you were pregnant! I thought that you had a miscarriage a while back but didn't know that you were expecting again!!! Congrats! You do pregnant well. It never seems to even phase you. It knocks me on my bottom! :) I go in tomorrow for my 37 week check... really hoping for there to be something going on. We will also do an ultrasound to consider induction... due to the Gest. Diabetes. Well, I am off from work until the baby comes and my oldest is at school. I am completely alone and I am still not as nearly productive as you! I don't think I would ever get that much laundry done in one day! Speaking of... I gotta put the next load in! I love your not me series.

Jessa said...

Jess - I'm enjoying your "not me" Mondays :) I've been meaning to do them also, but just haven't sat down and thought it through. Too much for a Monday morning :) Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope you keep your pattern going too- such fun! Oh and we are hoping to close on our first house next month (if all goes as planned) and I am so excited to have a clothesline!! ~Jess