Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Just some thoughts

A family member recently told me she was in awe at how patient we've been through this 'waiting' time we are in. Until she said that, I hadn't really thought about how much waiting we've been doing or the fact that we still have no clear direction as far as our next step. God has definitely been growing us and as painful as it can be, I have an overwhelming peace about the future and all the waiting.


Don't get me wrong, I have days of discontentment, frustration and overwhelming anger - but these days are few, for that I am thankful. I know that my peace comes only from my God and that He is answering the prayers of soooo many of you who have lifted us up daily.


When I have those negative feelings, I really have to remember ALL the promises that God gave to us and know that through our obedience, He will be glorified, but only if I remain focused on His will, not my own.


I remain so content with my life. I don't think words can adequately express my contentment with our living situation, our church, our marriage, Josh's job, homeschooling the kids, our friends, the kids' friends, and relying on God to provide our every need.



To God be the Glory.




All the kids cuddled up with daddy (Uncle Josh) at a family wedding shower this past weekend. I know I can speak for Josh and say that he NEVER thought he'd have 5 kids - but he's a natural. I love watching him father and train our children.

Again, Josh on kid duty at the shower. Gideon, Owen (my cousins little guy), and Nora (laying in front of Josh). How handsome is he? I love him!

2 comments:

Anna said...

You inspire us all Jess! Lifting you in prayer every day! I know god is pleased with you and what he has in store for you, you cant even imagine how wonderful it is!!! LOve you!

B,P,R,S & L said...

Jess, I don't think we've ever met, but my hubby and I went to IWU with Josh. I've been reading your blog for awhile, and I to have been inspired by your story. We too are "waiting." We have been living with my parents for 16 months with 3 girlies while my hubby finished his masters and I took a break from teaching. A full-time job is no where to be found and we are getting frustrated, but every time I read your blog, I am inspired to keep "serving while I'm waiting." Thank you!