Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy 50th Dad

It wasn't that long ago that this picture was taken on the fourth of July 1980. That's me in the picture, 15 months old, with my dad at the young age of 23. Dad shared with me the other day how turning 50 has really made him reflective. He expressed that even though he is 50, he's still the same "kid" he was when he was ten, he's still the youngest of his siblings, and to be 50 and have 4 1/2 grandchildren is pretty good. He didn't seem depressed like some men tend to get, I got the feeling that my dad is one of the most content men on earth. He is truly happy just being with his family, watching and observing, and always learning. We threw around the idea in January about having a big party for him, but he told us not too, so we didn't. The truth is all he wants is for all of us to be together, just sitting, talking, drinking coffee, playing cards, watching Survivor, telling love stories by the fire, and playing with the grand kids on the beach. I'm sorry we couldn't be there, I wish I was - so from Michigan, Happy Birthday Dad, I love you!
This picture is missing our precious little Avery, well, she was in Ange's belly, so technically, we were all there! This was the Shore 2006 - what a great family - I love and miss everyone.

3 comments:

Shoemaker Family said...

Love the pics, Jess. I bet you are indeed missing your family at times like these! Thinking of you today and thanking God for blessing you guys with wonderful families!

The Hulfish Family said...

We miss you too!! And I think you are right dad is the most content man on earth . . .Come to the shore!!!!

Josh said...

I enjoy those hot shorts.