Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas came early


Christmas came early to the Crisp house this past weekend when Nana and Pa-pa brought up some furniture from Uncle Ron and Aunt Sherrie. They no longer needed the "kiddy" bunk-beds for their teenage boys and generously offered it to the quickly growing Crisp family. We are so thankful! Garrett is excited to have a top-bunk to sleep on and have Gideon's (formerly Esther's) crib in his room. The top picture is the bunk-bed, with trundle. And this picture is the bookshelf that goes with it, although it's on it's side, but you get the point. This trip up they also brought the nightstand. At another time they will be bringing up a dresser and a TV stand. Garrett went from have a bed and dresser in his room to having the most furniture in his room of anyone in the house. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Esther showing how big she is in her big-girl bed. She's done pretty well the last three nights. Sunday morning was the only morning she wanted to get up at 5 am - but by 6 she was back asleep.
A lot of people have been asking me how the kids are adjusting to Gideon's arrival, and I always reply with a "really well!" I was a little worried that the newness would wear off and Esther would get jealous and Garrett would want to put him back. But they've got NOTHING but love for him. Esther is quick to let us know that he's crying, with an "UH-OH", when she's hears him through the monitor. Garrett never turns down the chance to hold him and at church is very protective of him. He always lets people know what his name is, "This is my brother Gideon." And last night at church, he didn't want ANYONE touching him. He was standing guard at the carseat and would not leave his post.

So, all in all, we are adjusting well. Josh worked all last week and I was home with the kids. I think I may just make it through this crazy time. God has granted me grace for my short-comings as a wife and mother and given me grace to sustain me so that I can treat my husband and kids as a servant and teacher. Thank you God for hearing our prayers and answering them according to your will.

1 comment:

The Maxwell House said...

oh man i love these kids! i can't wait to see them and welcome in the new comer. DINER NIGHT AT OUR PLACE!