Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Garden Update

With all the fun vacation pictures, I haven't really wanted to blog about our garden. However, I am so proud of how well it's going, I have to get these pictures up.

Our first fruits. The green beans never even made it to the stove top, we ate them all raw, yummy! The tomatoes were on sandwiches for myself, Josh, Olivia and Garrett. Soooo good!
The cherry tomatoes are amazing and tonight for dinner we finally saved enough to put them in our salad.


Here are the three tomato plants before vacation.

Here are the tomato plants one week later - they went crazy! The big one on the right got so heavy that it pulled the wire supports out of the ground and my neighbor had to help my place posts and string around the whole thing.

Olivia helps show the enormity of the tomato plant.


Cucumber plants before vacation.

Cucumber plants one week later. It's not turned the right way, but you get the point.


Green beans before vacation.


Green beans, one week later.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your garden looks terrific! Nice work! Ours is slower than I expected, but we did plant it relatively late. I guess we'll be eating late summer tomatoes.

And yes!!! Come on down any time! We're going up to Indiana the weekend of Aug. 16th I think although I haven't talked to John and Linda yet. Maybe we could meet there?