Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Million Dollar Question

How are we doing? That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

We are blessed. We are in transition. Some days we are relaxed, some days we are worried. We are discouraged. We are confident. Most days I'm amazed at how well our living situation is going. The rhythm is working. The kids love each other. The conversation is full, encouraging and challenging. Built-in child care. Chore sharing, cooking, cleaning, picking up. Morning coffee is made by many hands and lovingly served to it's rightful owner. We could not be more thankful for the Leeds family for opening up their home so willingly and sacrificially. We are warm at night, full in the day. Our daily bread is being provided, both physically and spiritually.

Psalm 43:1-5

O God, take up my cause!
Defend me against these ungodly people.
Rescue me from these unjust liars.

For you are God, my only safe haven.
Why have you tossed me aside?

Why must I wander around in darkness,
oppressed by my enemies?

Send out your light and your truth;
let them guide me.

Let them lead me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you live.

There I will go to the altar of God,
to God—the source of all my joy.

I will praise you with my harp,
O God, my God!

Why am I discouraged?
Why so sad?

I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again—
my Savior and my God!
NLT



Josh is still looking for employment. He has been diligent in applying and sending out resumes. Nothing has come of it. Today he got an e-mail from a potential opportunity, that said the economy has hurt their business and wasn't sure if they'd be hiring at all. In two weeks of trying to get a job, we hadn't heard anything from anyone. With today's email, I was more discouraged than getting no reply. So, he continues to search, send, and do his part and wait for God to do the rest.

One of the more promising avenues is working for the US Postal Service. The process includes a pretty intense test that requires hours of studying and preparation. Here he is studying. At least he's got time to prepare!


Laura and Esther have become really good friends. They are really cute together and look forward to playing all day. All the kids are going to have withdraw when we move out.

2 comments:

dawn wilson said...

Jess, I keep reading on here and I dont really understand what has happened and what is fully going on with you guys. I have gathered that you are living with another family but I haven't figured out how all of that has transpired. if you are sharing this, email me sometime. You guys have definitely been in my thoughts and prayers lately and will continue to be.

Unknown said...

Just imagine the memories your family is making. What a blessing!