Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's up...

We are moved into my mom and dad's house. Officially, stop number 2. Who knows how long we'll be here but we're ok with not knowing everything, God has a plan.


Here's what we've been up to:


We've been visiting churches, trying to find our fit. This is harder then we thought it was going to be. There are so many things to consider when finding a church home, one of the most important things, we are finding out, is where the kids are happy and thriving.


Josh was busy trying to get a job - tons of applications online and lots a resumes sent out. But he got a job, the way we knew he would, through people we knew. My sister-in-law, Cheryl, just started at a company called Lawn Connection and was able to get him started there in less than a week. It's been quite and adjustment for him, working LONG hours and doing hard labor. He likes it a lot, just has to get used to the schedule. I wish I had a picture of the sun-tan he's getting!!


My sister and I moved us to my parents on Tuesday. I'd like to thank the Leeds family again for letting us crash in their family room for the last month +. I know it was a great time for us. We are so thankful for the love that was shown to us - for everything we can never re-pay, only thank, thank, and thank some more! Back at my parents house, the last thing I have to do is get my hard working husband to move the dressers into the house so we can stop living out of bins and suitcases. I'm patiently waiting...

We've also been fighting a serious fever virus that is wreaking havoc on my children's immune systems. This thing WILL NOT go away! Olivia and Gideon had it at the same time and Garrett and Esther have both had days on and off with the fever. All I can do is hydrate and keep them as comfortable as possible. Today was Esther's turn to have the fever again. She ran the highest fever of all the kids today, and I have to say, is handling it really well.

As many of you knew, we were not going to have Olivia finish school, but start 1st grade in the fall. After some consideration, we have decided to have her finish Kindergarten at Riverside Elementary. She will be going all day, everyday, which will be adjustment from MI, where she was half day, everyday. Garrett will also be starting preschool, which he's never experienced before. He will go in the afternoon from 12:10-2:33. I'm really excited about this and hope that he will love school. Be looking for "first day of school" pictures on Monday, their first day!

That's the update for now. Thanks for all your prayers as we walk down this path of uncertainty and adventure.



Esther, passed out on the couch this morning while she "burned" the virus out of her.

Garrett, snacking, a lot. The goldfish came after an orange. After the goldfish was an apple and more goldfish - I think he's growing!



Olivia's been really into doing her own hair. Today's ponytail is the best she's done so far.



Here's Esther, healthy. I couldn't have the only picture on this post be of her sick, she's too cute for that!




Here's Gideon showing me how upset he is that I won't put him the the bath when he wanted to go in. What this picture doesn't show is how he tried to take off his own pants to get ready for the tub. This resulted in "bustin' a sag" or "plumbers crack." Funny pictures, just not blog friendly!!




2 comments:

Kristina said...

Jess, I miss seeing your kids beautiful faces! Miss you guys

Jesse, Jess, Corban, and Malorie said...

Just catching up on you guys- happy 30th birthday a few days late!!! I was thinking of you on Thursday! I'm in Indiana right now helping Tim and Rachel out. They had their baby- Anna- last Sunday and everyone is doing well. Corban and I are here for a week helping out with meals, etc. We are continuing to pray for you guys- great that Josh got a job:) Love ya!