Thursday, March 04, 2010

Chuck E. Cheese

I hate Chuck E. Cheese. Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of partying there, as both the host and the attendee. And no matter how you slice it, it's stimulus overkill. The kids are treated to their every whim, games galore, tickets spit out at them, in order to treat them to a prize (which are displayed, with the number of tickets needed, so that the kids want more and more). Soda and pizza, cake and candy. It's every child's dream. And every parent's nightmare. After a three hour stint there on Monday, this mom was done. The only redeeming thing to come out of that place are the sketch photo's that cost only one token. I am always pleasantly surprised at the quality and clarity these pictures come out with. Not to mention that the date is printed on them, so I'll never have to ask, "when was this taken?" I wish I knew where to find all our pictures like this, so I could do a comparison - these will have to do for now.

Mommy and Nora

Kylie and Esther

Olivia, Jon and Garrett

Gideon and Mommy

Olivia - getting more and more beautiful!

Esther, a beautiful cheeser.


Mommy and Esther

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your view of Chuck E Cheese is similar to my opinion of school book order fliers these days. (And I don't disagree about Chuck but we've only ever been there the one time) Just had a long battle with Elijah tonight over what was ok to spend our money on in the Scholastic book order and what was just a waste. He of course is lured by the junky toys that come with an equally junky "book"- used loosely because they're often a pamphlet thrown together to accompany said toy. He is overcome by the items that have TV or movie characters on the cover and doesn't glance twice at what might be a great story- but with no media influence. Ugh. Annoyed, but I stood my ground. Hmmm, I feel a blog post coming on.