Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So Big, So Fast


I am overwhelmed with the speed that kids grow at. At I sat here, uploading pictures, I got tears in my eyes thinking about all the changes that are happening. Life comes so fast and I feel like I can't keep up. Gideon is pulling up on everything, and today tried to step from one piece of furniture to another. He's cutting four top teeth at the same time and eating table food! Esther is using complete sentences to communicate, I may be the only one who understands her, but they are sentences non the less. Garrett is constantly trying new things, like riding down the hill in front of our house with his feet on the middle bar of his bike, standing up! He's out grown his nap and will be the oldest child at home this fall. Which brings me to my next point, Olivia starts school. My little girl will ride a bus to school every morning, something this mama's not ready for. I'm preparing myself now for the morning of September 3rd, so that I can hold it together until she's out of sight. I know she'll be fine. She's social, obedient, and more than ready to start. I just don't know if I'm ready to let her go. And the really sad part about all of this, is that this is only the beginning. I've got three more kids to watch fly into childhood, can't I just push pause and take it all in slowly?

Sleep is something this kid's not doing a whole lot of these days, I had to capture it while it lasted.

One of the places Gideon likes to pull up to.

Beginning the pull up. . .

. . .to standing, and soo proud!

"Oh, mom, you're over there. . .here I come!"

On another note, we had a great weekend with Pa-Pa and Nana! Olivia wore Nana out playing UNO!

A Nana quote, "Esther is SOOOOOOO easy!" They had the honor of watching Esther and Gideon while attended the wedding.

Thanks to Gideon's teeth, he wasn't quite as easy - but Nana and Pa-Pa did a great job of keeping him happy! Thanks guys!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gideon and Esther have changed so much since we saw them last. We've got to find a time to get together at nana and papa's this fall.

And school is rough. Elijah's first day was today, and I (the one who never cries) had to drive around the block twice after dropping him off before I was composed enough to go on with the day. I did hold it together until he was out of sight thankfully. Eric and I have both thought recently that school just makes us want to use every minute of every day to invest in them.

The Hulfish Family said...

I can't handle it!!! I can remember mom telling us that we were just babis and I never believed her, but now I understand! I want to cry thinking about Olivia going to school. . .she will be fine. She will have lots of friends and the teacher will barely have to teach her! They do change so fast, so again I propose that you move here so we don't miss each others kids growing up. . .just a suggestion :)

Jodi said...

Wowwww. The bus. That's big. I'll be thinking about ya....

Anonymous said...

Mom said...I can't believe it! First my babies, now my grandbabies. I wish I could be there for all the changes. They happen way too fast! Give them a hug and kiss from Grammy.

Karen said...

Your kids are beautiful. I hear ya on how fast our little ones grow. It's crazy! Good luck on the school thing... you'll have to blog on how all of that works out for those of us who are behind you!

J. Entwistle said...

Can't believe 'Liv is off to school!! you're kids are adorable...can't wait to see them again.