Sunday, August 31, 2008

Amazing

I think I blogged about Josh trash picking a bike for Esther a while back - and it did the job. She loved her bike. About a week ago Garrett thought it would be fun to mess with Esther's bike. I don't know what he did to it, but the make-shift training wheels weren't doing the job anymore and she couldn't ride it. She was sad and I was sad for her. Thursday I made up my mind that she was going to get a new bike. I knew it wouldn't be too expensive and thought that I might find something on sale, and I did! She didn't care what it looked like, just that it was her, "new bike"! All the way to Walmart she said, "My new bike, mommy?" It was too cute to be annoying.Esther riding her new bike. She does circles in the driveway all day long!

The last post didn't have any Gideon pictures, so I couldn't leave him out of this one. We've discovered that he LOVES cantaloupe and really any fruit will do. He's also done with being fed. He enjoys feeding himself, already! Looks like I'll be bathing him every night from now on!

So cute, right!


This is the highlight of the post! Garrett is the bravest (or craziest) kid I know! This evening while the kids were cleaning up the outside toys, Garrett got a little distracted, big surprise, I know. Anyway, we look out the frond window and he is flying by on his bike, with no hands! He wiped out at the end of the yard, got up and started riding again. He didn't know we were watching him, as he went into the street, with no hands, balancing himself with ease. When he would feel himself falling, he caught himself, got balanced and let go again. As he did it, my mouth was dropped open and Josh said, "I was never that brave, I would have never done that!" It's hard to see, but about 3 seconds in he lets go for 2 seconds, catches himself and at about 7 seconds in lets go for the remainder of the ride. This kid never ceases to amaze me! Notice the new mo hawk too - he's too much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Garrett is amazing. He doesn't even need older kids to challenge him to greater heights of dare... he discovers new challenges all on his own.

And, I'm in the same situ with Isaiah's "bike" right now. The one he as been using is the motorcycle tricycle his brothers used and it is falling apart. The seat and handles both fall off regularly now. Poor younger children. :)

Anonymous said...

Mom said...
Garrett is such a dare-devil. His coordination is amazing! Lucky Esther with her new bike. I predict she'll be sans training wheels pretty soon. Miss you guys!