Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stink Face, the poor and death

Gideon has started the nose snort. I'm not sure if I did it as a baby, or if it was one of my siblings, but Gideon does it. Josh calls it the "stink face", and Gideon has started doing it on command. It's pretty cute...everything he does is cute at this age.

Stink face #1

Stink face #2

I was filling the pool with Gideon in it the other day and he was trying with everything in him to catch the water. He tried with his hands and his mouth, he didn't get frustrated, he just tried and tried for a long time.


Tired of not catching water, he headed off to the big pool to play Peek-a-boo with his brother.

This was Esther tonight. She insisted on wearing these big boots outside and than thought she would try riding Olivia's bike. She's sure got her own sense of style and adventure.

The kids have been saying some really interesting things lately, here are some good quotes. . .

At dinner last night this was Olivia's prayer: "Thank you for this day, thank you for our food (it always starts like that), I pray we will help the poor people, Amen."
When asked what makes people poor, this is what she said, "Like, when they don't have any food, or clothes." Maybe we should give them some of ours."
Oh, God, that she would always have a giving heart.

Here's one from Garrett, I can't decide if it's funny or serious.
"MOM! MOM! I can feel my heart!" He says to me, with his hand over his heart.
I place my hand there also and say, "Yeah, I feel it too!"
I walk away as he says, "Mom, when my heart stops beepin' I'm gonna die, right?" I stop in my tracks and think to myself, "Is my 4 year old talking about death and did he just say his heart was 'beepin'?
"Umm, yeah", I say a little shocked. "When your heart stops BEATING, you will die."
"I like to feel my heart beepin."
Kinda makes me laugh - kinda makes me wonder what made him put the two together. . .


2 comments:

The Hulfish Family said...

Seriously. . .Es has shoe love :) It makes me so proud! You were the one to do the "stink" face by the way and Gideon is so cute when he does it! LOVE HIM!

Unknown said...

AHHH, they are soooo growing up. Seriously, why must you all live in Michigan.... or why must we live in Kentucky. We've got to get together soon. Love you guys!
Erin