Sunday, February 15, 2009

I got lost

I totally got lost.

Big time.

I feel really foolish...embarrassed...and forever changed after my latest wondering.

Wondering, in the dark. It was really dark, no light, no signs of life. Lots of scary noises and missteps that caused me many bumps and bruises.

I kept telling myself, "Your going the right way...don't question it...you'll see light again...it's just around the corner...keep going."

So I pushed through, asked for help from the empty sky. Screamed out for help, answered with silence.

Then I stopped.

Sat down.

Closed my eyes.

Remembered where I came from...and heard a voice.

"You got lost, but I always knew where you were. I saw you walking down the road; guilty, worrying, CONTROLLING, doubting, justifying, HaTiNg, gossiping, holding grudges, being engulfed in your own PRIDE. Oh, how I loved you even in that place. I always want you to be safe with me and I waited until you were ready to hear me."

silence.

quiet.

confession.

peace.

freedom.

1 comment:

erin crisp said...

Thinking of you all. Big weekend ahead! Thankful for a God who sees through the dark and brings peace.
Love you!