Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stop #1 - Leeds house


We are finally settling in. Finally, that makes this move seem like it is over, but it's not. If I start to think about what the next month looks like, I start to get a little uneasy. If I start to think about the fact that Josh doesn't have a job yet, I start to get a little worried. If I think, "What were we thinking, leaving, moving, being unemployed," a slight panic attack rises up in me. I am choosing to think about the positive. To embrace the love being wrapped around us by everyone. To rest in the promise that God knows what we need and will provide those needs. To count my blessings, which outnumber the stars!

We are settling in at our first stop with the Leeds family. Doug was my youth pastor and his wife, Karen a great friend. Doug married Josh and I almost 8 years ago, and their oldest daughter Taylor, was the flower girl in our wedding. This time starts a new chapter in our journey together. They have 5 children of their own, so as you can imagine, the party hasn't stopped!

Garrett and Jordan (7). These two have really bonded. Jordan tends to be the most "tom-boyish" of all the girls. We've found these two wrestling pretty hard.

Watching High School Musical 3.

The rest of the girls watching HM3. From left to right: Emily (9), Taylor (10), Laura (4), Esther and Olivia.

The Leeds 5th, and final child Ian, is at the end of the bed watching Garrett climb. So if you're keeping track, that's 9 kids ages 10 to 1!

1 comment:

Thompskie said...

now that sounds like fun! 9 kids, wowsers those people must be saints