Monday, February 09, 2009

Yes, it's pictureless

I've been a little bit of a wreck lately.

I've been unable to put my thoughts into words, this is weird for me.

This "limbo stage" we are in, may do me in.

Early last week I bottled it in, tried to ignore the empty feeling, the lack of confidence and peace. I finally shared with Josh how I was feeling, talked it out (or so I thought), and was feeling better. Then of Friday I had a good cry about it all. About not "feeling" God's direction. "Feeling" forgotten by God. "Feeling" lost. Many of my friends and family contacted me this day about how we were doing. It's what I needed and once again, God let me know that He gives us everything we NEED when we NEED it. That He is with me, even when I feel like I'm in the dark, miles from his safety. He is faithful.

I don't think I'm totally out of this funk.

But I'm holding on to the promises.

"My flesh and me heart may fail,

but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge,

I will tell of all your deeds."

Psalm 73:26&28

"Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40: 28-31

3 comments:

jess e. said...

you need to read 'crazy love' by francis chan. really, read it! ;-)
challenging and encouraging.

Jess said...

That's the second time you told me to read that book, I guess I need to pick it up!

jess e. said...

so read it already! ;-)