Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Proud Moments

Daddy and newborn Olivia. So young, so proud to be a daddy!
The Crazy Crisp Clan - gaining numbers by the minute! Not as young, proud daddy of two, almost three.
More kids = more love. A little bit older, wiser, and a proud daddy of three.
Over the last 6 years we've had a lot of "moments." Good, lots of them. Bad, lots of those too. Ugly, some. Proud, absolutely! This weekend will mark one of the proudest moments for me as Josh's wife, best friend, and help-mate. Josh is being ordained this Sunday night as a pastor into the Wesleyan church. I think I am more proud in this moment than I was the day he, or I graduated college. There are a couple of reasons for that. One, we wasted time at college. I know I can speak for us both when I say we didn't use our full potential at IWU. Two, he worked really hard to get all his requirements done for this day. He had to complete 6 FLAME classes, which he did with enthusiasm and skill. He really did glean knowledge from those classes. And three, he completed the 300 pages (I'm exaggerating, but it was really long) of questions from the board who would interview, approve or deny his ordination. As of last December there where 23 people from the West Michigan District who were on paper to be ordained. This Sunday Josh will be on of 11 who actually will be. I think that's something to be proud of - and I am! I will stand proudly next to my husband as he's commissioned by the Wesleyan church. Remembering all the proud and not so proud moments along this journey we've been on to get to this moment. I am proud to grow, learn and love next to you, here's to the next 50+ proud years!

9 comments:

Shoemaker Family said...

Beautiful, Jess. I remember Dave Anderson saying once that a pastor is only as effective has his/her spouse allows them to be. What an honor to God that you support Josh as you do.

Karmen said...

Congrats to you both!!!! Quite an accomplishment!

The Maxwell House said...

i'm so excited for you guys!!! (josh congrats) i hope that someone (in the front of the church) who will take a picture while all this is happening. just so you know.... if i was rich i would buy a plain ticket and fly there and then fly you all to St. Martin!!!! can't wait to Christmas!!

J. Entwistle said...

Congrats man, I wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys.

Unknown said...

How exciting! Warmest congratulations to you bro-in-law. You are a gifted servant of the Lord and I can't wait to see what amazing things God is going to do through your ministry to his people.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you all. Ordination is huge, what a great accomplishment. Congrats as well on such a beautiful family.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

Congrats bro! You continue to make me proud to be your brother. Serve the LORD with everything you are and lead your family in His ways. It is a huge responsibilty you have now taken on and I know that you will serve the LORD with all your heart, sould, mind and strength. I love you and wish I could have been there!

Barry Pike said...

Congratulations, Josh! That is quite an accomplishment, my brother. Blessings to you and the whole clan in this happy time.