Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Back home

This was taken last night, Esther was on her second, yet short nap, Garrett was yelling at me because the flash was too bright, and Olivia is zoned. This is pretty much how she looked as long as the DVD player was on. Oh, and the head phones are a must! I don't know why it took us this long to figure that out!
Es, ready for the snow in her new hat and gloves. They're saying 4-8 more inches by this evening. Josh and I were torturing ourselves this morning, thinking about wearing flip-flops! Those days are far from here!

Thank you so much to everyone who prayed for us while we were on the road. Traveling with 4 little ones could have been a stressful mess, but thanks to faithful prayers we were stress free and happy most of the trip. The weather last night was more stress than the kids. Gideon slept really well in the car, which we weren't expecting. And other than a couple of little tiffs between Garrett and Esther, it was really good. Our kids are such great travelers, we only stopped two times, going and coming home, and they didn't complain once.

We had a great time in NJ visiting my family. My sister Ange has a cute video on her blog that shows a lot of what we did. One of my cousins is getting married and we had a shower for the couple on Saturday. Many of my cousins and their families were there. We figured out later that there were 11 kids, 5 and under that belonged to 5 different family units. The next night we got back together with some of the same cousins and added two more families to it and brought the grand total of kids to 17! I am so blessed to be a part of such a loving and caring family. I only wish we lived closer so we could get together like that more often. I would love for my kids to grow up near all their cousins and 2nd cousins. God may move us some day, but for now we'll stay in snowy Michigan.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Jess, It was so good to see you guys the other night. I am glad you made it home. I saw the weather report on the news this morning and was thinking and praying for you guys. I wish you guys lived closer too. The kids would enjoy growing up together. We never know what God has planned for any of our lives so maybe one day.

J. Entwistle said...

I love the Christmas pics. This was a really fun Christmas, i wish it lasted longer. The boys were just telling me how much they missed those "little people." Corny, but true.