Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another Amazing Video

I promise that the video you just watched was not a forced activity by her parents.

Esther asked us about a week ago to "take me wheels off?" We tried it for a short time that night and had some success. She asked for her training wheels back on and she rode around with them on for about a week.

On Friday, she asked me to take them off again, I told her she and daddy could work on it Saturday, but they didn't get to it until Monday. Monday we ventured down the road and as we ran beside her, she quickly got the hang of balancing her weight and even how to turn. We had to continue to tell her to "pedal hard" because keeping your balance is all about speed. Again she asked for her training wheel back on and we put them back on.

Today she wanted to try again. I started her at the top of the driveway and said, "Go to the end of the driveway, turn around and come back, ok?" "K, mom." I held the back of her seat to keep her balanced as she got on the bike, and as soon as I let go, she was off to the races. I ran in the house to get the camera and caught this ride, down our driveway, into our neighbor's driveway.

She hasn't learned how to stop or start on her own, and does fall sometimes. And when she does, there is fury in the child. She gets so angry! Not because she's hurt, but because she didn't finish the ride. This evening, she bailed out, got off her bike in a huff and said, "Oh MAN! I fell AGAIN!" Stomped away from her bike and sat with her arms crossed yelling at her bike.

She's amazing. Did I mention that she's only 2 1/2 years old.

3 comments:

Karmen said...

YAY for little Esther! I can't believe she's riding without training wheels! She wants to keep up with the "big kids" in the house, I'd say! :) YAY!

Eric said...

She is amazing! I can't wait to watch the young woman she grows to be!

Josh Maxwell said...

where's the video.. Corrie and I were talking about his tonight after we saw brynn riding with training wheels.