Monday, September 15, 2008

peace

Have you ever been at complete peace with something, that rationally, you shouldn't be at peace with. That's how I've been this past week. It amazing how "peace that passes understanding" comes over you when you actually die to self and live out what you've said you believe. When you stop caring about what other's might think about a path that God had marked out for you a long time ago, and you actually follow it. Knowing that the result of following that path might create more uncertainty into the future. Knowing it's going to be fine to not know the future, because really, how many of us do? Knowing that your wealth comes not from what this world can give to you, but what blessings God wants to give to you. I think we miss out on God's blessings so often because we are too worried about the repercussions of what he's asking us to do. We miss out on opportunities to bless and be blessed, when we're so busy judging and worrying about being judged. We miss out on blessings when we're so busy looking at our neighbores "green grass." We think to ourselves, "WOW! ______'s got the life. If I could be where they are, than I would be happy. If I could follow God that way, than I would feel a sense of purpose."

This journey is my own. My journey is a blessing. Not because of what I can get from it, but because of what I can contribute to the big picture. My blessings come from giving, serving, dying to self. Living out what I believe. My peace comes from knowing that I have obeyed. My peace comes from knowing that the choices that I made yesterday WILL fit into the big picture a year from now. I may not see how, but peace will lead me on.

I'm pregnant.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

I don't know how I'll be able to keep up with you guys! I'm so excited! I hope you are feeling well Jess! Love you guys!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Mom said...
God's word says "children are a BLESSING from the Lord". You are truly blessed (eventhough it doesn't FEEL like it a lot of the time. That's for you. I think it should add "grandchildren are a double blessing". That's for me! God WILL provide and give you "peace that passes understanding" when you depend on Him. We couldn't be happier for you or for us. We can be selfish about grandchildren!!

danamarie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know how you feel about this trust me....Ihope your doing ok with this sounds like your a peace with it as well am I...Children are a blessing to us!!!!!!

dawn wilson said...

WOW.. what is in the entwistle water!?!?!?! You and your sister! That is awesome! Just watch a few episodes of Jon and Kate... You'll be fine.. remember, you (out of all the people I know) were made to be a momma! God has given you so many children because he made you to be a mom and you are great at it! I am so excited for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Jess-

I sooooooo knew that's what you were going to say! Congratulations!

Karmen said...

CONGRATS!!!!! When are you due? Don't worry about what other people think ... as long as you are doing what GOD wants you to do ... that's all that matters! (Although I AM glad it's YOU He chose to have so many children, and not ME!) ha!

Unknown said...

so excited for you all... again... really and truly. God knows what He's doing and you have the perfect perspective on it all. I can't wait to be aunt Erin to another awesome Crisp baby. You think you'll carry on the girl, boy, girl, boy pattern?

Jess said...

Answers to questions:
Karmen - My due date is unofficially May 14th.
Erin - We are hoping to break the pattern this time - we shall see. . .

Shoemaker Family said...

SHUT UP!!!! Wowee - we're so thrilled for you guys. I echo all of the comments, you were made to be a momma and God truly has a plan. HE CHOSE you two for this children. WOWEE!!!

Jenn said...

Awesome!!!

Karen said...

Yeah Crisp Family!!!! So happy for you! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!

Josh Buck said...

My mouth has officially hit the floor. You guys crack me up (in a really good way). Congratulations. We couldn't be more excited for you!
josh and shelly

Jesse, Jess, Corban, and Malorie said...

Yippee!!! You guys rock! I wish we lived closer, though:( I need to give you a call soon- congratulations!

Meggan said...

congratulations!

Lauren said...

congrats, cous. we were waiting for this 'official' announcement, after word came through ange :) how exciting for you and ange to be due so close together. hope you have a really easy pregnancy!

Jodi said...

I agree with everyone else who said (in a round about way) that this IS your purpose and the path given to you by God! When all of our kids grow up and are out there in the world, I'm going to feel better knowing that there are as many children raised by the two of you as possible, benefiting the rest of us with their influence and strength of character...! Bring 'em on. :)