Monday, April 07, 2008

Caught in the act!

I've caught the kids doing some things that make my heart happy. First is Garrett. Garrett is 100% boy, but because he and Olivia are so close in age he hardly ever plays by himself, and therefore doesn't do a whole lot of "boy" play. He really doesn't like to be alone anywhere, this includes the basement, his bedroom, and outside. Once in a while he forgets about who's with him (or not with him) and goes off to play on his own. Yesterday I caught him outside playing with two sticks. . .by himself. First he placed the sticks on the ground and said something to himself, than he picked up the sticks and swung them around like nun chucks. After watching that much, I ran for camera and caught the following.

Spinning around in circles with my sticks.

Walking sticks.

Banging my sticks together to make a cool beat.



Esther was the next one I caught. I've actually caught her a couple of times playing by herself lately. The other day, she was playing mommy and moved her baby from the jumper, to the swing, to the bouncy seat, to Gideons crib. When she came out of his room she told us to be quiet by putting her finger up and saying , "SHHHH!" Saturday she was also caught playing outside with her babies. Two babies and a bear to be exact. She loaded them all in her stroller and was taking them for a walk. She's quite the nurturer. The latest act was caught yesterday.

Esther was dipping her hand in the water bowls, then letting Jersey lick her hands. Jersey could easily reach her bowls, Esther just wanted to "help" her.



Gideon's "caught in the act" moment was a little posed by me - but I couldn't resist him, caught in the act of being CUTE!




"Whuz up ma?"

"I'm so tired from all this being cute, I think I'll rest right here on this ball-lookin' thing."

9 comments:

J. Entwistle said...

those were great. Garrett is too much...he should have his own reality show.

Unknown said...

Fun stories. I miss you guys! And Gideon... he's adorable and way too big. Can't you keep him from growing somehow until we can visit with you all again? I'm totally missing everything. :)

The Hulfish Family said...

I love them!!!

Jenn said...

Great pictures!!! Keep em coming!

Krueger's said...

Oh my goodness Jess!!!!! It is Sarah (Gilmore) Krueger!! I can't believe that I have found you!! How are things with you? I am absolutely shocked to see your family and you look so happy and busy! Are you in Jersey? We are going to Jersey in June/July and I can't wait. We need to keep in touch and catch up on life. E-mail me sometime dns_krueger@msn.com. Tell your family that I said hi too!

Sarah :)

Eric said...

so what do you think about Thurs. May 15th- Sat the 17th? That's going to be our best shot I think.

Eric said...

that should have been erin not eric btw...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting! What a cutie Gideon is! He looks like such a happy baby! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

SO Elijah was sitting here with me looking at your blog and he hasn't seen it in a while. He saw the pics of Gideon and he said, "Awww, he's gittin' (KY accent ugh) so big!" Then I read him the quote you wrote for Gideon on the ball pic and he laughed about it for about 5 minutes. As I'm typing this he's still asking me to go back to that picture and read the sentence again.