Friday, April 18, 2008

The Handy Man strikes again

We are going on our 3rd summer of living in Burnips, and we're pretty glad about that. Since we moved here I've always wanted a picnic table or patio set for the deck. Last summer I realized how nice it would have been to cook out on the grill and not have to take it back inside, instead, place it right on a table on the deck. This summer I was determined to get my table. After all the work he did in NJ Josh thought he would like to build a table instead of buy one. I am all for it, I just didn't want it to get started and not finished. Or not started at all. Once again he has surpassed my expectations and started it, and I'm certain, will finish it. He's having a lot of fun doing it. I went to Meijer this evening and when I got home he said, "That was fast." I said, "I was gone for over an hour." He said, "Time flies when you're having fun." I'm so glad to see him enjoying himself. He continues to surprise me and give me more things to love about him.

Setting up his new miter saw.

Garrett giving the saw power.

The bottom brace for the table. Soon after this was cut, the top brace, that the table top will sit on was finished.

The bench and table pieces.

I can't wait to show you the finished product!!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Rock that saw, Bro!! I knew one of us had to be handy with the tools and I am pretty sure it isn't me. I can't wait to see what it looks like!

J. Entwistle said...

new saw...lucky! next time your in jersey can you build me a house...you can get dad to write "Entwistle" on our front door