Sunday, April 20, 2008

A family project

As most of you know, I am not a patient person, especially when it comes to projects. Once they get started, I want them done, immediately. I am thrilled that the table is together, now comes the work for me, weatherproofing and staining. As soon as I got the kids down for their naps I started the staining. We got the underneath section of the table done today. After that dries we are going to borrow a sander from a friend and sand the top of it and stain it.


After Garrett got up from his nap he wanted to help. My first answer was no, but after I thought about it I decided that it wasn't that big of a deal for him to help me stain under the benches. There was stain on the garage floor, other than that, he did really well.

Of course Olivia had to help when she got up.

It ended up being a fun project for the four of us. Hopefully the older ones will remember that they had a hand in finishing the picnic table.

4 comments:

The Hulfish Family said...

You aren't Patient? You could have fooled me!! HAHA! It looks great and looks like everyone is having fun helping. By the way Garretts hair looks awesome in the other post!
Ange

Anonymous said...

Dad & Mom said...
It looks great! Can't wait to have a picnic with you next week!

Shoemaker Family said...

WOWEE!!! We are so so impressed!! That looks graet and the family time/project together looks even better!

We sure miss you guys.

The Maxwell House said...

that looks so awesome! I'm glad that garrett and Liv got to help. Maybe josh and I can take a long weekend to some out and have an awesome meal on that table!